Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What Sanchia thinks of...............

Tonight I showed Sanchia my closet.  My dear sweet admirable annoying friend has arrived.  She feels like home.  I can't believe she's here except she keeps on pinching me so okay, I believe it.

She went through my closet tonight and expressed two things: a desire to clean up and that I should wear these loves today.  Sanchia is right, I haven't been all that scientific in my approach to filing away the shoes that I have worn through this shoe odyssey.  When she peered into my wardrobes this evening she saw at the front a mass of shoes already worn.


The shoe love yet to be revealed is truly hidden.  Hidden beneath a mass of repetition, a mass of gluttony and fun.  It's fun but it's also a little awful.  These shoes are another example of my shame.  When I bought them I was in "acquisition mode".  I didn't think about what would happen after I had released them from their shelf prison.  I only thought of amassing more.  On the one hand that is bad but on the other I now realise that they suit me better than they did when I was in that insane state.  

I am so glad I am going through this blog journey.  Today I am wearing a pair of shoes that, but for the blog, would have been relegated to nothingness.  In contrast, they are making Sanchia think of, and I quote:  "the tropics, Jamaican men getting changed, muscular, smooth chested doctors with sweat dripping off them."

Who would have known a pair of shoes could conjure such thoughts?  It must be the shell.

xx