Friday, February 4, 2011

Me-freakin-YEOW!

These shoes spin me round round baby, right round, so damned fast I just about loose my ability to speak.  My eyes flash with decadent delight the moment I see them and my insides beam with elation.  From the silky licorice black leather to the hand painted wooden soles, this is shoe love.  Hot and heavy.

Everything about them is strong and feminine.  The stitching and styling has a deliberate quality, as does the utterly delightful marriage of rich colours.  I feel Amazonian when I wear them.  Apt, because I bought these beautifully made Madams in Brazil last year.  It had been a long shopping day in very hot and humid weather.  I forgot my fatigue the second I saw them and walked out of the shop, these shoes in hand, unimaginably high.

Every so often serendipity strikes and I meet something or someone just perfectly matched for me.  These are truly glorious moments.  I relive the serendipitous occasion when I first met these shoes every time I catch a glimpse of them in my wardrobe or, like today, take them out for a spin.

x