Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunshine Sunday and the perfectly matched hat

I've always wanted to be a hat person, but never pulled it off particularly well.  Apart from being mildly disappointing, it never mattered until I met Melbourne mid horse racing season.  Wow, I don't know what else to say except "Wow, y'all need to chill".

Good on them, I suppose, it's good to have a passion but the importance of Melbourne's passions often acquires an importance that is up there with breathing.  Heaven forbid anyone who doesn't agree without question and share their passion.   The funny thing is that a couple of the coolest people in the world I know live there amongst all this angst.  I've concluded that it's because they are in the flow so can relax and just go with it.  I love the Melbourne I know on holiday and can imagine that if I were ever "in the flow" then living there full time would be just like the fabulous experience of visiting.

In any event, I bought this hat for the Melbourne Cup a few years ago.  I even like it and it matches perfectly with my shoes for today, given to me by the dazzlingly sunny and lovely, Daniela.  So, thank you Melbourne for shoving me down and harassing me into buying a hat and thank you, Daniela for picking a pair of shoes that would match so well.

Sunshine Sunday here I come........

x