Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oh dear

I am sorry to report a death in the family.  Yesterday I rescued from disuse, dust and lack of daylight a pair of beautiful old ducks from my ancient past.  Somewhere between putting them on and walking to my car I remembered why they were disused, dusty and lacking in daylight.  The slingback curse - beautiful and glamorous, yes, wearable, no.

Ah, I just don't have the right shaped feet for slingbacks.  I only need take four or five steps and the damned strap falls down.  I loved but lost patience for yesterday's honey bee a long time ago.  To the eBay graveyard they go.

So today I had to find some mourning shoes with an absurdly delighted "welcome to Sydney" twist as one of my favourite people in the world is coming to visit today.  In fact, she's in the air right now and about to land on these fair shores.  So, what says R.I.P. and "hello my darling Sanchia" better than a vamped up frilly stiletto?  I can't think of anything.

x