Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dress ups

Tonight I get to play my favourite game: dress ups!  As you know, my motto is that every day is an excuse for costume and creativity but a themed party where I am encouraged to exaggerate?  Pass the smelling salts, I'm about to swoon.

It's all about the 80s tonight.  Instantly, I'm picturing myself in middle America, clutching at my big haired bangs and waiting for someone called Chip or Chuck or Randy to arrive in a white suit.  What did middle America wear to the prom in the 80s?  I've done a little research and taken guidance from movies like Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Back to the Future.  Their M.O. appears to be bright bright bright with a bit of fluro here and there.

These pink ladies are among the brightest shoes in my wardrobe and will clash perfectly with the bright blue bubble dress I found when rummaging through Grandma Takes a Trip, an amazing vintage and uber cool Op Shop in Surry Hills.

Once I get big hair and bright make up organised, it'll be a really fun evening!

x