Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A cream bee-line

A dear friend of mine who I have known since University is a marvel with mid-height heels.  I'm a quintessential extremist whereas Claire has complete mastery over moderation that exudes style.  I admire it very much.

Sanchia is credited with breaking me into flat shoes.  I wear them but they still do not sit quite right with me.  I can't seem to shake my wariness of them.  Claire, on the other hand, is credited with making me actually embrace mid-height heels.

I discovered these particular shoes on her cousin's feet several years ago.  Since grudgingly accepting flats into my wardrobe, I had been curious about the mid height heel and Claire's ability to make it work when all of a sudden I was surrounded by Blackmore women.  Cousins, sisters, aunts.  The works.  All emitting a kind of understated feminine chic.

My eyes immediately looked down to a sea of mid height heels.  Was this the panacea of comfortable femininity?  A mid-height heel.  Huh.  I felt like a light had gone on and immediately resolved to find myself a pair.

It took me some time, several months and two nations in fact, but I found these cream ladies.  My eyes are not naturally drawn to a mid height heel so I found browsing difficult.  When I recognised these from Claire's cousin's feet all those months ago I knew I had found my very first mid-height heel.

x