Thursday, February 17, 2011

Only human

I'm whipping out another boring pair of shoes today.  I have no excuses.  They are a black combination of patent and matte leather and nothing about them says "wow".  I bought them on a strange whim when I thought that being "sensible" was justification for my choice.  It's not and I'm clearly not sensible. 

Sensible and staid.  Why bother?  I can't imagine.  I really can't see the point of it all.  Why choose something that at best makes you do this:


When you have the option of choosing something that makes you do this:


It's a mystery and frankly quite exhausting.  Choice is a funny thing.  I find that surprisingly often people don't realise that maintaining a not so nice status quo is a choice they elect every time they choose not to avail themselves of something better.  The choices made in maintaining the status quo or for going for something different each have consequences for which they are responsible.  No excuses.

I'm responsible for this strange choice.  It's not my status quo but it was a choice.  Odd.
x