Thursday, March 3, 2011

A simple nude

I have a function to attend this evening and, strangely, I am not in a costume filled haze of ideas and outfits.  It's been a big week, an odd week for no particular reason and today I am simply not inspired to create the aesthetic I would ordinarily relish.  But, I am looking forward to the evening.

A nude is required.  Something comfortable with the right balance of effort free chic as tonight I shall be surrounded by people I do not know but, for the first time in my life, I actually want to suck up to.  I struggle to appear interested in someone unless I am actually interested in them!  I don't care how big their boat is or how full their wallets, I simply don't like it.  It all seems like a giant lie.

In any event, this evening I am finally learning my lesson about sucking up.  I now work in aviation, which I thoroughly enjoy, and tonight I will meet many people in interesting roles within the industry.   I like aviation and sincerely want to learn more so I really do want to talk to them.

Ah, maybe I have just learnt something about myself - I seem to need to care about something to engage with it.  I never cared about law firm life so the reality is I was never going to engage.  Huh, interesting.  This naval gazing stuff is like a mini psych session.

Suction cups at the ready.

x