Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy retirement

Ah, these old ducks bring back memories.......

I was obsessed with a heavy woollen muddy forest green dress.  It has bell sleeves, a plunging V-neck and was cut on the bias so swung about my legs like a breeze.  I loved it.  I spent hours dreaming about what I would wear with it.  I imagined myself sashaying down halls, my hair bouncing behind me and this dress swinging heavily.

The designer had produced an entire range in varying depths of this opulent colour and I coveted the jacket.  A huge suede and faux fur trimmed jacket with a single button.  It is delicious.  The whole look is very Eddie Sedgewick.  Old school goes glam.

I would sit and dream about me, this dress and jacket striding decisively.  Where? I have no clue.   However, the shoe I conjured in this vision could not be found anywhere.  I wanted an ankle boot with a structured stiletto heel and open finish across the arch.  These did not fit the bill but they worked with the outfit magnificently and I have loved them for a long time.

Ironically, when I bought them I thought it was a concession because I hadn't been able to find what I dreamed of.  Yet out of the dress, the jacket and the shoes, I have worn the shoes to death whereas the others I have not.  Happy retirement, my loves.

x