Friday, March 11, 2011

Shoegasm and sins of acquisition

I broke the rules.  I bought these shoes and I haven't justified the other 77 yet!  Given my generally disinterested attitude to the rules of any game, I think I've done quite well not to break any until now.

Well, now that I'm confessing I do have some other disclosures to make.  Let's write a list, at least this way I can get it all off my chest and you can be confident that going forward my shoes and I are above board:

- the day I discovered I owned 77 pairs of shoes I had earlier given 30 or so other pairs to charity
- the 77 does not include gym shoes or beach shoes
- one day I didn't wear the shoes I said I would.  To be fair, it was because when I put them on I discovered they needed re-heeling
- I'm not wearing these shoes today, I just wanted to show them to you

That's it.  End of confession.  Defiant I continue.......

These shoes are utterly magnificent.  My pupils dilated and heart rate increased the second I saw them.  They are worthy of even the pickiest devotee's shoegasm.  Wow.  I wish you could see them in person because they are like nothing I have ever worn.  Exquisite.   It's a kind of beauty that aches.

My sin was worth it.

x