Saturday, March 19, 2011

The silliest boys in Sydney

These rose gold beauties have put in some big hours and long distances for me over the years.  I bought them in a little shop in Christchurch that is now smashed to pieces on one of my jaunts to New Zealand years ago.

At first I wasn't convinced but they crept up on me and over time I grew to adore them.  We have been to many parties, dinners, clubs, boats and even my work place together.  We've sipped cocktails by candle light, thrown bread to the ducks and kicked some of the silliest boys in Sydney to the kerb.

On one particular night when we were out dancing at a Latin club a particularly silly and drunk Sydney boy decided he liked me and my rose gold shoe companions.  Fabulous.  Not being sure how to politely tell this very strong, clearly very determined silly drunk Sydney boy how to naff off I agreed to one dance.  The dance was more of a shove here and there that threw my rose gold and I a little off balance.

Brad, a very dear rose gold coloured friend of mine, equally strong and equally determined saw my and my ladies' plight.  Brad saved the day and the silly drunk Sydney boy soon found himself on a dirty smudgy blackened kerbside, the light of rose gold nowhere to be seen.  Rose gold ought never be sullied by the silliness of Sydney boys.

x