Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A pointless rant.

Today's shoes have nothing to do with what I am about to rave on about.  They are pretty though don't you think?

I have come up against some funny attitudes recently and my reaction to them has reminded me that intolerance is my weakness.  I try to curb it but I do fail from time to time.

In my defence, I'm only intolerant of stupid people.  Hmmmm that probably means I'm intolerant in general.  But for heaven's sake, there really are a lot of stupid people out there!  Now that I say that I'm making myself laugh because it feels like I'm in the middle of an Edina Monsoon rant.

To me a stupid person is someone who lacks compassion, who cannot see beyond themselves and focuses on negative things to their own, and sometimes those around them's detriment.  To me the smartest person in the world is one who loves with honest grace.  This aspect is probably the part that makes me stupid too. My intolerance lacks the very grace I wish for.

Tomorrow is a new day.  Perhaps I will learn then.

x