Sunday, March 6, 2011

The day after Mardi Gras...

... is a day for rest.  These pretty little slippers are actually a warm dusky pink, though they look quite brown in this photo.

The Mardi Gras Parade was great fun.  One of my dearest friends in the world invited me to a party at he and his boyfriend's apartment for the parade.  Their apartment has prime views over the last third of the march.  It was such a laugh and so much fun playing dress ups.

I love the spirit of "yipppeeee" and, now that I think about it, perhaps it's a sense of relief that Mardi Gras brings.  I mean relief in the sense that for one night people with a kind of expression that's different from main stream can breath out and just embrace it openly.  I'm not gay myself but I sense the relief in my gay friends and I am so glad for them.  I left the party around 2am happy and covered in glitter.

I am spending the day doing absolutely nothing with my burmese friends who spend most days doing the same.  Right-o, there is something to be learned from our feline friends on a day like this.  Slippers on.  Perhaps a Pride and Prejudice marathon is called for.

x