Wednesday, March 9, 2011

People of Walmart

Yesterday I was sent an email that showed shoppers at Walmart in the US.  It was funny but it was also appalling.  The unsuspecting shoppers are ridiculed as freaks.  Evidently, there is a website devoted to these pictures where they are ridiculed as such.  I'll let you google it yourself...

On seeing the photos I can't help but ask "why?".  I hardly know what to say I'm so flabbergasted with what I saw.  It's terribly terribly sad and something that those communities appear to perpetuate by mutually reinforcing hideously unhealthy ways of living.

These people are a long way down the "Wall-E" track of living.  It's a great movie, I highly recommend you watch it and you'll see what I mean.

I am heading to Texas in April where I imagine I will meet many of these types of people.  In fact, I've set myself a challenge of making it as far through a Texan Steak as possible, which I understand is an inhuman task though bizarrely is achieved by most of the population.  Gladly, I suspect I will fail.

You will not see these shoes on a Walmart shopper!

x