Saturday, January 29, 2011

Double cross dressing


This afternoon I am dressing up as a man dressing up as a woman.  I am not sure what shoes go with a double cross dress but I do know that leather and buckles are compulsory. 

Mardi Gras season is nearly here and today one of my favourite people in the world is having a practice run of his drag make-up for one of the many parties about to hit Sydney.  I'm absolutely fascinated.  I want to play dress ups too! Apparently the make-up is extremely thick and can take upwards of 3 - 4 hours to apply.  I find this very intriguing as, being a woman, I do wear make-up but it never takes me any more than 10 minutes to apply it.  
 
I'll have to come up with a drag name.  Perhaps, Shoe-la-la Gabor or Shoe Shoe Fontana?  Can I even be a drag queen given I'm a woman?  I digress.  I'm going off track.  The allure of costume and lights is distracting me. 

These cream sweethearts are made of the softest leather imaginable.  It almost feels like I have decorated my feet and legs with a soft scarf or perpetually have a silky cat rubbing around my legs.  I figure if I'm going to be sitting around for 3 - 4 hours in leather and buckles having drag queen make-up applied by trowel to my face, the shoes I select may as well be comfortable.  
   
These summer boots may not necessarily scream drag queen but they tick the leather and buckle boxes, and I'll only be drag queen from the neck up.  Plus the cut out leather gives them a kind of gladiator look.  Now that I think about it, I suspect I'll end up looking more "dominatrix on her day off" than drag queen.  
 
Whatever happens, be assured that the outcome will be unique.
   
x