Friday, January 28, 2011

Dear Flat Preachers

This is my kind of casual shoe.  We have before us a wedged mid height heel in polished wood, purple brushed leather with a peep toe.  Comfortable and yet they still still elongate the leg.

Oh dearest of Flat Preachers, I feel your scorn.  What's not casual and reasonable about these?  I have crossed over to flat wearing.  I even enjoy it sometimes, but aren't these a better compromise?  Why so extreme, Flat Preachers?   You demanded flat of me and I gave it to you.  Will you meet me half way and bless the mid heel?

I love the feminine twist to my day that a heel brings.  No matter how bad I might feel elsewhere, my feet feel like ladies.  I can bring myself to at least appreciate the argument for not wearing hIIIiiiigh high heels all day every day, but can you see my point that these are a nice half way house?

x