Monday, March 14, 2011

Slingback sadness

Sigh.  I struggle to wear sling backs.  My feet simply shrug them off as I walk.  It's terribly sad because slingbacks can open the connection between beautifully adorned foot and elegant leg.  What is not so elegant is a women struggling to keep the damned things on and stopping every few steps to pull the strap back up.

Silly shoemakers.  I'm all for loveliness, even with a price, but come on - make something I can freakin' walk a decent distance in!!  I couldn't even get from the cab to restaurant table in these.  They remain static in their beauty.  The moment motion is involved, forget it.

I have held on to these ladies for years and years and years with the hope that one day I'll actually be able to keep them on my feet.  Alas, it's not going to happen.  To eBay they must go.

x