Friday, March 25, 2011

Another Brazil story....

These blue sweetums go with the oddly similar pair of black sweetums that I spoke about earlier in this shoe odyssey.  I adore each of them.  I couldn't decide between them - who could pick a favourite star in the sky?  So, I bought them both.  Piggy.

The first time I wore them was out in Lagoa, Florianopolis.  It was steamy hot and we thought it would be a brilliant idea to go to a samba club and get even warmer.  The samba clubs of Brazil are unanimously fabulous.  My view is probably compromised a little - I was in Brazil for such a short time I didn't have time to be anything but dazzled by it.

Even so, I can't imagine ever being bored by the place.  It's like eating, drinking and breathing fun all day long.  These shoes in the samba club in Lagoa were no exception.  They carried me all night long until I could be carried no more and we dragged ourselves home, happy and barefoot with shoes in hand.

x