Saturday, April 2, 2011

Number 77

Many years ago I was bitten by a bug.  A bug that is exuberant with wordless expression, physical violence and simple acute joy.   These four pairs are leftovers from dreams past.  They are in pretty good condition given what dancers put their shoes and themselves through - brute force wrapped in beauty.

I was never able to follow through completely - injury took that possibility away - but I fill with gratitude for the time I did have in a studio and on a stage.  There was blood, there was sweat, there were tears.  I loved it all.

There are people in my life who share this bug or have seen parts of it in my life.  Thank you to you all.  You know who you are and I know the little smile that is creeping across your face as you think back over everything we have done together.  I am smiling back!

Today, I keep my bug at bay by avoiding it.  Nevertheless, it is a fundamental part of who I am and it is impossible to excise this part of my life from myself.  It will always be my heart, my soul and myself.

Thank you for reading.  I have loved writing this blog and embarrassing myself into acknowledging that I have a distinct shoe problem.  It's been a good lesson in gluttony!  I wonder if I will ever learn.....

x